Keppel FELS Delivers UMW Naga 5, Jackup to Work in Philippines Soon
Keppel Corporation Limited reported Tuesday that its unit Keppel FELS Limited has delivered the UMW Naga 5 (400' ILC) jackup project 32 days ahead of schedule with no lost-time incident and Keppel FELS was awarded an early delivery bonus of $480,000 by Malaysia’s UMW Oil & Gas Corporation Berhad (UMW O&G).
At the delivery ceremony today, Chow Yew Yuen, CEO of Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd (Keppel O&M), said, “Through good teamwork, Keppel and UMW’s first two collaborations have been successful. Both UMW Naga 5 and our first project, UMW Naga 4 (400' ILC), were completed safely and ahead of schedule.
A third KFELS B Class jackup for UMW O&G is under construction at Keppel FELS, and is on track for delivery in the third quarter of 2015.
“I would like to thank UMW O&G for repeatedly choosing Keppel and the KFELS B Class for the expansion of its premium fleet. Today, the KFELS B Class is the industry standard for robust, cost-effective drilling solution for shallow waters. The design has a proven track record for efficient operations in many parts of the world. As such, we are certain that UMW Naga 5 will also prove to be a valuable asset to UMW O&G as it continues to grow presence in the Asia Pacific region.”
UMW Naga 5 will soon leave Keppel FELS to be deployed by Nido Petroleum Limited in the Philippines. Delivered to UMW O&G last year, UMW Naga 4 is supporting the operations of Petronas in Malaysia.
Developed by Keppel’s jackup design arms, Offshore Technology Development and Bennett Offshore, the KFELS B Class rig is able to operate in water depths of up to 400 feet and drilling depth of 30,000 feet. It incorporates Keppel’s advanced and fully-automated high capacity rack and pinion elevating system and self-positioning fixation system. In 2009, the design received the Prestigious Engineering Achievement Award from the Institution of Engineers Singapore for its environmentally-friendly features.
With strong market demand, the KFELS B Class makes up more than 30 percent of the jackups to enter the global market since 2000.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Keppel Corporation Ltd. more info
- Singapore's Keppel Posts Lower 2Q Profit, Says Rig Market Outlook Muddy (Jul 20)
- Singapore's Keppel To Buy New Bonds Of Struggling KrisEnergy (Nov 03)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: UMW Oil & Gas Corporation Berhad more info
- Malaysia's Most Battered Oil And Gas Stock Eyes Foreign Tie-Up (Jun 03)
- UMW O&G Bags Contract from PETRONAS Carigali for UMW Naga 6 (Jun 01)
- Malaysia's UMW O&G Incurs a Loss Before Tax of $16.6M in 1Q 2016 (May 24)