Norwest Identifies Dominant Gas Production Zones at Arrowsmith-2 Well
Australia's Norwest Energy NL reported Friday that evaluation of the Arrowsmith-2 dataset and well test results in exploration permit (EP) 413 in the onshore Perth Basin, Western Australia indicated that the Carynginia Formation and Irwin River Coal Measures (IRCM) are the dominant zones for gas production.
During the well test, the production logging tool (PLT) tested flow conditions over the range 8,858 feet (2,700 meters) to 10,830 feet (3,301 meters), including the perforated zones of the Carynginia, IRCM and High Cliff Sandstone (HCSS). These zones had a previously reported average commingled surface gas rate of 312,299 standard cubid feet per day, or scf/d (Oct. 2013), however the production logging program was the first opportunity to record down-hole contributions from each perforated zone.
The PLT program had several objectives, which included:
- Determining dominant zones and establishing relative contribution of each zone
- Verifying down-hole flowing conditions; and
- Validation by inclusion and comparison with the pre-existing dataset
These objectives have now all successfully been met.
The hydraulic fracture stimulation program implemented at Arrowsmith-2 had five frac stages, referred to as Stages 1 to 5 (refer Table 1), all targeting different depth intervals within the well.
The PLT program was conducted across the perforated intervals of stages 1 - 4. This was the first opportunity to assess down-hole gas contribution from each specific perforated interval. PLT results across the Stage 1 perforations indicate the majority of gas produced from this stage as being produced from the perforations in the Lower IRCM as opposed to the HCSS as previously thought. The isotope and gas compositional data supports and validates the Lower IRCM as being the predominant gas source for Stage 1. This result high-grades the IRCM as the dominant gas producing interval.
Table 1 (Arrowsmith 2 hydraulic fracture stimulation stages)
View Full Article
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Norwest Energy NL more info
- Transerv, Norwest Join Hands to Drill Xanadu Prospect in Perth Basin Off WA (Jul 11)
- Australia's Norwest Energy Updates on Operations at its Upstream Assets (Sep 15)
- Norwest Energy Forms Alliance with Rey Resources to Develop Assets in WA (Jun 03)
Company: Bharat Petroleum more info
- Top Oil Market Summons Poseidon to US-Mideast Crude Fight (Jul 18)
- Petronet Eyes 2019 Rescue for Nearly Idle $700 Million LNG Plant (Jul 18)
- India BPCL Makes Its First US Oil Purchase, Buys Mars, Poseidon (Jul 17)