Aminex Appoints New Exploration Advisor
Africa-focused junior oil firm Aminex announced Monday that Bernard Andre has joined the firm as its new exploration advisor.
Andre has more than 40 years of experience working with Exxon, Repsol and Total as a geophysicist and asset advisor. In recent years, he worked with East Africa-focused Cove Energy as an independent consultant to interpret and evaluate assets in the Ruvuma Basin before Cove was eventually sold to Thailand's PTTEP in 2012.
Aminex said that Andre will begin work immediately on the reinterpretation of existing data over the company's Ruvuma PSA in Tanzania, which includes the Ntorya-1 discovery well that holds an estimated 1.2 trillion cubic feet of gas. He will then interpret new data that is being acquired as part of an ongoing seismic program in order to high-grade numerous exploration leads into drill-ready prospects.
Aminex CEO Jay Bhattacherjee commented in a company statement:
"Bernard brings significant technical experience to the Company and we look forward to working with him to unlock the value in the Ruvuma Basin for shareholders."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: PTTEP more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Aminex more info
- Aminex Secures Rig to Drill Ntorya-2 Well in Tanzania's Ruvuma Basin (Sep 26)
- Kiliwani North-1 Well Flows at 5,000 Boepd (Jul 04)
- Aminex: First Gas Production from Kiliwani North Field in Tanzania (Apr 06)
Company: Cove Energy plc more info
- Aminex Appoints New Exploration Advisor (Apr 07)
- Ex-Cove Energy Team Launches Africa-focused Explorer (Mar 11)
- PTTEP Set to Raise $3B in Rights Offering; To Fund Cove Acquisition (Nov 30)