Statoil Spuds Oz-Alpha 1 Exploration Well in EP 104 in South Georgina Basin
Canada-listed PetroFrontier Corp. revealed Wednesday that the first well in its 2014 Work Plan and Budget (the 2014 WP&B) has now spud and drilling is underway in the Southern Georgina Basin in Australia's Northern Territory. The Oz-Alpha 1 well is a vertical exploration well located approximately 31 miles (50 kilometers) south west of the Owen 2 well on Exploration Permit 104. This is the first of up to five vertical test wells to be drilled as part of the 2014 WP&B. All wells will include an extensive open hole evaluation program and up to three of the wells will be cased for future hydraulic fracture stimulation and production testing.
Statoil Australia Theta B.V., PetroFrontier’s joint venture partner and the operator of the 2014 WP&B, is progressing the program as approved by the Joint Operating Committee. Procurement of completions and testing services is moving ahead with stimulation and testing operations expected to commence in 3Q 2014.
Road and lease construction for the second well, Oz-Beta 1 is also underway and progressing on schedule.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: PetroFrontier Corp more info
- Statoil to Withdraw from Permits EP127, EP128 in NT's Georgina Basin (Nov 14)
- Statoil Completes Testing Operations at OzDelta-1 Well in Australia's NT (Oct 13)
- Statoil Abandons OzBeta-1 Well in Permit EP 127 in Northern Territory (Aug 27)