Wood Group PSN Bags Contract to Retrofit Gippsland Basin JV's Projects
Wood Group PSN (WGPSN) reported Wednesday that the company has been awarded a contract by Esso Australia Proprietary Limited, an Australian subsidiary of ExxonMobil, to provide reimbursable engineering, procurement and construction services to support the Gippsland Basin Joint Venture’s retrofit portfolio of projects in Victoria, Australia. The joint venture includes ExxonMobil, as operator, and BHP Billiton.
Under the contract, WGPSN will provide brownfield engineering, procurement and construction service support to the Gippsland Basin Joint Venture’s offshore facilities in the Bass Strait and onshore facilities at Longford Gas Plant, Long Island Point and Barry’s Beach Marine Terminal in Victoria. The contract is effective from April 2014.
Andrew Stewart, managing director for WGPSN Australia & Asia Pacific said: “We have been supporting Esso Australia in the Bass Strait for 17 years and we are delighted to continue our relationship. The success and longevity of our partnership has been underpinned by world leading safety performance and consistent delivery of our service commitments."
“WGPSN has a long history with ExxonMobil globally, providing operations and technical support through integrated brownfield and engineering service contracts in Australia and Asia Pacific, the United States, and Africa.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Says Julia, Hadrian South Operations Back To Normal After Nate (Oct 10)
- Iraq's Talks with Exxon on Southern Oilfields in Final Stages-Minister (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- UK Regulator: Wood Group Takeover Of Amec Could Hurt Competition (Aug 02)