Drilling Continues at Pateke-4H Well in PMP 38158 Off New Zealand
AWE Limited disclosed that as at 06:00 hours (6.00am NZDT) Tuesday, the Pateke-4H development well sidetrack has been drilled to a measured depth of 13,395 feet (4,083 meters) in petroleum mining permit (PMP) 38158 off New Zealand, landing at an angle of 90 degrees and having penetrated the hydrocarbon bearing F10 reservoir sand. Installation of the 9.625 inch casing is currently in progress, following which the well will be drilled horizontally through the reservoir to a planned measured depth of 17,588 feet (5,361 meters).
The Kapuni F10 sandstone objective has already been intersected on prognosis with oil shows and real time logging measurements indicating the likely presence of an oil bearing reservoir. The commercial significance of the oil shows will not be clear until the horizontal drilling is completed and the reservoir size and quality is fully assessed.
The Pateke-4H development well is in PMP 38158 and AWE is the Operator. Located in the offshore Taranaki Basin, New Zealand, PMP 38158 contains the Tui, Amokura and Pateke fields and has been producing since 2007.
Pateke-4H is targeting a mapped northern extension of the currently producing Pateke field. The well is being drilled in water depth of approximately 406 feet (124 meters) with a planned total measured depth of 17,588 feet (5,361 meters), including a 4,173 foot (1,272 meter) horizontal section. If successful, the well will be completed for subsequent tie-back to the Tui FPSO (Umuroa) for production in 2015.
The Joint Venture partners in PMP 38158 are:
- AWE Limited (via subsidiaries) (Operator): 57.5 percent
- New Zealand Oil & Gas (via subsidiaries): 27.5 percent
- Pan Pacific Petroleum (via subsidiaries): 15.0 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- JV Partners Withdraw from Vietnam's Offshore Block 121 (Sep 30)
- Australia's PPP CEO Tom Prudence Steps Down, Firm Not Seeking Replacement (Aug 25)
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: New Zealand Oil & Gas more info
- NZOG Reports 15.3% Rise in Developed Reserves in Kupe Field Off Taranaki (Apr 21)
- Genesis Energy Upgrades O&G Reserves at Kupe Field Offshore Taranaki (Dec 09)
- NZOG Reports Full Year Net Loss of $4M, Eyes Under-Valued Assets (Aug 27)