McDermott's China JV Clinches Fabrication Contract from Jord
McDermott International, Inc. (McDermott) announced Thursday that one of its joint venture companies, Qingdao McDermott Wuchuan Offshore Engineering Co., Ltd. (QMW), in Qingdao China, has been awarded a contract by Jord Oil & Gas Systems B.V. for process module fabrication work. The award will be included in QMW’s first quarter 2014 backlog.
“We are pleased to be awarded this work for our Chinese fabrication joint venture,” said David Dickson, president and CEO, McDermott. “The yard is a first-class facility that offers competitive fabrication solutions for modules and exemplifies our global execution capabilities.”
The scope of work includes fabrication, pre-commissioning and load-out of three process modules.
Once completed, the modules will be integrated onto a jackup rig that will be linked by bridge to the Akal G1 platform offshore Mexico, operated by Mexican oil company Nuvoil for end user PEMEX.
“Our commitment and responsiveness to the client throughout the bidding process helped us secure this award,” said EC Leong, general manager of QMW. “We are focused on exceeding our client’s expectations and the safe and successful completion of this fast-track project.”
Fabrication is expected to commence in the second quarter of this year, with completion expected during the third quarter of 2014.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Exclusive: McDermott to Double Headcount in Mexico by Year-End (May 05)
- McDermott Opens New Office in Saudi Arabia; Adds 300 Jobs (Nov 02)
- Mexico's Sole Platform Fabrication Project to Create Jobs (Sep 27)
Company: Pemex more info
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- Mexico's Pemex Sees Salina Cruz Refinery Restart 3rd Week of Oct (Sep 28)