Pertamina HE Keen on Stake in Mahakam PSC offshore East Kalimantan
PT Pertamina Hulu Energi, an upstream subsidiary of Indonesia's state-owned oil and gas company Pertamina, is keen on a stake in the Mahakam contract area in East Kalimantan offshore eastern Indonesia, a senior official said Tuesday on the sideline of the 2014 Offshore Technology Conference Asia in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
"Nothing heard (on Mahakam block extension) ... We would like to have a stake (in the project)," Ignatius Tenny Wibowo, president director of PT Pertamina Hulu Energi said in reply to Rigzone's query seeking an update on talks between the government and the block's joint venture, comprising operator Total S.A. and Japan's Inpex Corp.
Partners in the Mahakam production sharing contract are currently negotiating with the Indonesian authorities to extend the PSC beyond 2018.
Pertamina Hulu Energi is involved in local and foreign upstream assets, including as operator of two two blocks - ONWJ and WMO.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Pertamina more info
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Saudi Aramco Reaffirms Commitment to Pertamina JV as CEOs Meet (Jul 07)
- Indonesia's Pertamina To Delay Some Refinery Projects Over Financing (Jun 06)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- Australia's $180B LNG Megaproject Boom Enters Final Stretch (Aug 14)
- Inpex Says Floating Unit For Australia LNG Project To Set Sail Soon (Jul 10)