ONGC Appoints Anil Bhandari as Director (Exploration) of OVL
India's state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) appointed Dr Anil Bhandari as director (Exploration) of ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL), its overseas upstream unit, from March 1. He will manage exploration assets, evaluate opportunities and spearhead the firm's business development process for acquisitions of exploration and producing assets.
Dr Bhandari, who holds a M.Tech (Applied Geology) and PhD from Department of Geology Rajasthan University, Udaipur India, joined ONGC in 1979. He served as Head Geoscience Group, Head Basin Research group, KDMIPE, Head Functional training Group of ONGC Academy and in management of exploration activities in Cambay Basin, Assam Arakan Basin, Mumbai Offshore and other exploration projects of ONGC.
Prior to joining the Board of OVL, Bhandari was in Sudan as executive director, and country manager, ONGC Nile Ganga BV, Khartoum, with responsibility for upstream, midstream and downstream operations, the company said in a press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 36 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
- Biggest Indian Explorer Is Said to Plan First Ever Borrowings (Aug 10)
Company: ONGC Videsh more info
- India's ONGC Videsh to Spend Over $3 Billion on Iran Gas Block (Apr 04)
- India Clears ONGC's Extra 11% Stake Buy in Russia's Vankor Fields (Oct 05)
- ONGC Videsh Inks Deal with Rosneft to Up Stake in Russia's Vankorneft (Sep 15)