Santos to Drill Mt Kitty-1 Well in Amadeus Basin in Australia's NT Shortly
Junior exploration and production company Central Petroleum reported Thursday that it has been advised by Santos, as the Operator of EP 215 (Northern Territory), that the Ensign 918 rig has mobilized and is anticipated to recommence drilling operations at the Mt Kitty-1 well location in the Amadeus Basin, Northern Territory, Australia around March 24.
As previously advised to the market the top hole of this exploration well was drilled with a shallow capacity rig to a depth of around 2,575 feet (785 meters) Kelly Bushing. Planned total depth of the well is around 5,085 feet (1,550 meters) subsea or 6,660 feet (2,030 meters Kelly Bushing).
The Company will advise the market of any well results of a material nature.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
- Australia's Santos To Focus On Long-Life Gas In Growth Push (Dec 08)
Company: Central Petroleum Ltd. more info
- Central Confirms Gas Flow at Mereenie Field in Australia's Amadeus Basin (Jun 27)
- Central Petroleum Seals Deal to Acquire 50% Stake in Mereenie Field in NT (Sep 02)
- Central Reveals Petroleum Reserves Estimates for Palm Valley, Dingo Fields (Jul 21)