Statoil Spuds New Appraisal Well over Johan Sverdrup
Sweden's Lundin Petroleum reported Tuesday that drilling has commenced of appraisal well 16/2-19 on the Statoil-operated PL265 North Sea license, containing the Johan Sverdrup discovery.
Lundin said the well is located in the northern part of the Johan Sverdrup discovery. Its main objective is to investigate the Jurassic presence, reservoir thickness, quality and distribution of the northeastern edge of the discovery – around 1.5 miles north of appraisal well 16/2-12 and 2 miles southeast of appraisal well 16/2-9S.
The planned total depth of the well is approximately 6,530 feet below mean sea level. It will be drilled by the Ocean Vanguard (mid-water semisub) rig, with the operation expected to take around 45 days.
Statoil holds a 40-percent interest in PL265, with Lundin, Det norske oljeselskap and Petoro holding 10 percent, 20 percent and 30 percent respectively.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)