Ocean General Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Silver Sillago Well off Vietnam
Pan Pacific Petroleum (Vietnam) Pty Ltd reported Monday that it has been advised by the Operator of the Block 07/03 Production Sharing Contract, Premier Oil Vietnam South, that 07/03-CD-1X, the Silver Sillago exploration well being drilled by Ocean General (mid-water semisub) has reached a measured depth of 11,604 feet (3,537 meters) BRT (below rotary table) without encountering oil or gas, and TD (total depth) has been declared at this depth.
The well, which evaluated a tilted fault trap similar to the Ca Rong Do (CRD) structure, encountered sandstones in the main objective sequence as prognosed, but no hydrocarbons were present.
Preparations will now be made to plug and abandoned the well as planned.
Partners in the block are:
- Pan Pacific Petroleum (Vietnam) Pty Ltd (a wholly owned subsidiary of Pan Pacific Petroleum NL): 5 percent
- Premier Oil Vietnam South (Operator): 30 percent
- Talisman Vietnam 07/03-CRD Corporation LLC.: 25 percent
- Talisman Vietnam 07/03 B.V.: 25 percent
- PetroVietnam Exploration and Production Corporation Ltd: 15 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- JV Partners Withdraw from Vietnam's Offshore Block 121 (Sep 30)
- Australia's PPP CEO Tom Prudence Steps Down, Firm Not Seeking Replacement (Aug 25)
- Timor-Leste Issues Termination Notice for PSC JPDA 06-103 (Jul 16)