OMV Signs Two New Exploration Licences in Pakistan
VIENNA, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Austria's OMV and its joint venture partner Pakistan Petroleum Limited have signed two new exploration licences in Pakistan, OMV said on Friday.
The Kuhan block in Baluchistan province will be operated by OMV, and the Margand Block, also in Baluchistan, will be operated by PPL, it said. Both companies have a working interest of 50 percent in each block.
OMV said the joint venture would start exploration in the second half of this year, consisting of seismic data acquisition and drilling of exploration wells.
(Reporting by Georgina Prodhan, editing by William Hardy)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- OMV Flags Higher 3Q Margins, Kurdistan Windfall (Oct 13)
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Austria's OMV Moves Workers In Tunisia Over Gas Field Protests (May 04)
Company: Pakistan Petroleum Ltd. more info
- OGDCL Successfully Completed Testing of 2 Wells in Pakistan's Nashpa Field (Aug 25)
- PPL Begins Gas Plant Ops at Gambat South's Shahdadpur Field in Sindh (Aug 15)
- PPL Finds Hydrocarbons at Hadi X-1A Well in Pakistan's Gambat South Block (Jul 18)