Woodside Inks Deal to Supply KOGAS With LNG from Pluto Project in WA
Woodside Petroleum Limited revealed Friday that it has signed a sales and purchase agreement (SPA) with Korea Gas Corporation (KOGAS) for a maximum supply of up to approximately 2.2 million tons of liquefied natural gas (LNG) over a three year period commencing in April 2014.
LNG delivered to KOGAS under the SPA will primarily be sourced from previously uncommitted volumes from the Woodside-operated Pluto LNG Plant. The agreement is subject to a number of conditions including obtaining necessary government approvals.
Other terms of this agreement are commercial-in-confidence.
Existing Pluto LNG agreements with foundation buyers provide for LNG delivery of an ex-ship equivalent of approximately 3.25 million tons per annum (mtpa). This comprises Kansai Electric 1.75 mtpa and Tokyo Gas 1.5 mtpa. The previously stated delivery to foundation buyers of up to 3.75 mtpa (as announced July 27, 2007), which includes foundation buyer options of up to 0.5 mtpa, no longer applies.
Woodside CEO Peter Coleman welcomed this agreement with KOGAS and noted it demonstrated Woodside’s ability to supply LNG using increasingly flexible and innovative arrangements.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Kogas more info
- S. Korea's KOGAS Says Interested In US Shale Gas Projects (Feb 10)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
- Eni Board Authorizes Investment for First Phase of Coral Discovery (Nov 18)