Monadelphous Bags $608M Construction Contract for Ichthys LNG Project
Monadelphous Group Limited announced Monday that it has been awarded a major construction contract for mechanical works at the Ichthys Project Onshore LNG (liquefied natural gas) Facilities in Darwin in the Northern Territory in Australia.
The agreement is with lead contractor, JKC Australia LNG Pty Ltd. (JKC), a joint venture between Japan-based JGC Corporation and Chiyoda Corporation, and KBR (Kellogg Brown & Root Pty Ltd.) and is valued at $608 million (AUD 680 million).
The scope of work comprises the erection of piping, mechanical and structural steel for the Utility and Offsite Area. Work will commence immediately and is expected to be completed by mid-2016.
"We are very pleased to be awarded such a signficant contract and to be participating on one of Australia's world class gas projects," Monadelphous Managing Director Rob Velletri said.
"We look forward to working together with JKC, to successfully deliver on this important contracy."
The Ichthys LNG Project is a world-class project to develop the Ichthys gas and condensate field discovered in the Browse Basin approximately 136 miles (220 kilometers) off the north-west coast of Western Australia. It is a joint venture between Inpex group of companies (the Operator), major partner Total and the Australian subsidiaries of Tokyo Gas, Osaka Gas, Chubu Electric Power and Toho Gas.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: Monadelphous Group Limited more info
- Monadelphous Lands Contract from JKC Australia LNG for Ichthys Project (Jul 20)
- Monadelphous Clinches $144M Contract for Shell's Prelude FLNG Project (Nov 24)
- Woodside Extends Contracts With Monadelphous for Western Australia Projects (Nov 03)