Maersk Completer to Continue Working for BSP off Brunei Under New Contract
Maersk Drilling announced Tuesday that Brunei Shell Petroleum has awarded the company a four year contract for the jackup Maersk Completer (375' ILC) for operation offshore Brunei. The contract commences in November 2014 in direct continuation of its current contract with Brunei Shell Petroleum. The contract has options for extension up to a total of three years.
“We are very pleased to continue our cooperation with Brunei Shell Petroleum in Brunei. We see this contract as a recognition of our solid drilling performance and as a further strengthening of our relationship with Brunei Shell Petroleum,” says Claus V. Hemmingsen, CEO of Maersk Drilling and member of the Executive Board of the A.P. Moller – Maersk Group.
While operating for Brunei Shell Petroleum, Maersk Completer has shown an excellent performance record, recognized by the award as Shell Jackup of the Year in 2012 and 2013.
Maersk Completer is one of two Baker Marine 375 feet jackups in Maersk Drilling’s fleet. Maersk Completer has been operating in Brunei since it was delivered from Jurong Shipyard in 2007, and since November 2008, Maersk Completer has been operating for Brunei Shell Petroleum (BSP).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 22 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Brunei Shell Petroleum more info
- McDermott Secures Brunei's Offshore T&I Contract (Jun 21)
- McDermott Bags Offshore Pipeline Deal for Brunei's Champion, Ampa Fields (Nov 12)
- KCA Deutag Bags Contract to Construct, Operate Land Rig in Brunei for BSP (Jun 23)