Buru Updates on Drilling at Ungani 3 Well in EP 391 in Western Australia
Buru Energy Limited, an Australia-listed oil and gas exploration and production company, provided Thursday the following weekly update on drilling operations at the Ungani 3 well in exploration permit (EP) 391 in Western Australia at 06:00hrs, Jan. 30 (AWST).
Since the last progress report, the well has been drilled ahead in 12.25 inch (311 millimeter) hole from the intermediate casing point to the current depth of 6,627 feet (2,020 meters). The forward operation is to drill ahead to the top of the Ungani Dolomite primary objective.
Ungani 3 is the first well in the Buru – Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) 2014 drilling program. Buru and MC each have a 50 percent equity and contributing interest in the well and the Ungani Field.
The Ungani 3 well is located in production application STP-PRA-0004 in exploration permit EP 391 some 62 miles (100 kilometers) to the east of Broome. The well location is some 31 miles (50 kilometers) from the Great Northern Highway along the Ungani access road.
The well has a programmed total depth of 7,677 feet (2,340 meters) and is expected to take some 35 days to drill and suspend.
In accordance with its policy of releasing weekly drilling progress reports, the Company will issue drilling progress reports on Thursday of each week, subject to any material events occurring in the meantime. As of the week starting Feb. 10, the drilling report will be issued on Tuesday of each week.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Bets on New US Turbomachinery Demand (Feb 17)
- Shell-Led Group Delays Decision On Canada Gas Export Plan (Jul 12)
- Japanese Banks Expand To Ranks of World's Biggest Energy Lenders (Jun 09)
Company: Buru Energy Limited more info
- Buru Updates on Resources Review for Canning Basin's Permit EP 371 in WA (Apr 19)
- Buru Reports Encouraging Testing Ops Results at Ungani Far West 1 Well (Mar 15)
- Buru Updates on Testing Ops on Ungani Far West 1 Well in Canning Basin (Mar 10)