Det Norske Spuds Barents Sea Well
Sweden's Lundin Petroleum reported Tuesday that drilling has begun on exploration well 7222/11-2 on the PL659 license in the Barents Sea. The well is targeting the Langlitlinden prospect, which is located some 50 miles northeast of the Snøhvit field.
The main objective of the well is to prove the presence of hydrocarbons in sandstones in the Triassic layer. Lundin estimates the Langlitlinden prospect potentially contains un-risked, gross prospective resources of 220 million barrels of oil equivalent.
The planned total depth is 9,500 feet below mean sea level. The well will be drilled by the Transocean Barents (DW semisub) rig.
Det norske oljeselskap is the operator of the PL659 license, with a 20-percent stake. Lundin also holds 20-percent, while other stakeholders include Petoro (30 percent), Atlantic Petroleum Norge (10 percent), Tullow Oil Norge (10 percent), Rocksource Exploration Norway (five percent) and Ithaca Petroleum Norge (five percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: Tullow Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
- Britain's Tullow Launches Oil, Gas Exploration In Zambia (Aug 11)
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Ithaca Energy more info
- Ithaca Energy Starts Production from North Sea Stella Field (Feb 17)
- Delek Group to Issue Ithaca Energy Takeover Bid for $524MM (Feb 06)
- Ithaca Energy: Stella Production Start-up Delayed (Jan 12)