COSL Inks Contract to Supply COSL4 Module Rig to Pemex
China Oilfield Services Limited (COSL or the Group), an integrated oilfield services provider in offshore China, announced Tuesday that it recently entered into a long-term cooperation contract for COSL4, a 2,000 HP (horsepower) module rig, with Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex) for operation period of over 1,700 days at higher contract day rates.
COSL has had a six-year-long cooperation with Pemex. The Group gained recognition of its clients with its professional management and safe, efficient and premium services, and earned a high reputation. Recently, Mexico passed an energy reform bill, which created favorable conditions for the Group’s further expansion in Gulf of Mexico.
At the moment, COSL operates and manages 4 module rigs and 3 high-end jackups there. Moreover, there will be another 3,000 HP module rig earmarked for operation in the area once completed construction.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)
Company: Pemex more info
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- Mexico's Pemex Sees Salina Cruz Refinery Restart 3rd Week of Oct (Sep 28)