Shell Completes Acquisition of Additional 23% Interest in BC-10 Project
Regulatory approvals have been obtained and Shell will now hold a 73 percent operating interest. The purchase is effective Jan. 1. Partner ONGC, previously holding a 15 percent working interest, will now hold a 27 percent working interest. This purchase is the result of pre-empting a third party’s bid for Petrobras’ 35 percent interest in BC-10.
Currently, BC-10 is producing approximately 50,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd). Since coming on-stream in 2009, BC-10 has produced more than 80 million barrels of oil equivalent (boe). Phase 2 of the project, to tie-in the Argonauta O-North field, came online on Oct. 1, with an expected peak production of 35,000 boep/d. Final Investment Decision for Phase 3 of the BC-10 project was taken in July 2013 and once online is expected to reach a peak production of 28,000 boe.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: ONGC Videsh more info
- India's ONGC Videsh to Spend Over $3 Billion on Iran Gas Block (Apr 04)
- India Clears ONGC's Extra 11% Stake Buy in Russia's Vankor Fields (Oct 05)
- ONGC Videsh Inks Deal with Rosneft to Up Stake in Russia's Vankorneft (Sep 15)