Samsung Engineering Inks $770M Deal to Build Gas Terminal in Terengganu

Samsung Engineering announced Thursday that it has signed a contract with Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd (PCSB) and Hess Exploration and Production Malaysia B.V. to build the Terengganu Gas Terminal (TGAST) Development Project in Malaysia for $770 million.

The gas pretreatment facility will be constructed in Kerteh Complex, Terengganu, 161 miles (260 kilometers) northeast of the capital Kuala Lumpur. The plant, which will eliminate impurities such as carbon dioxide (CO2) and hydrogen sulfide (H2S) from natural gas extracted offshore, will be equipped to process up to 700 million cubic feet per day (700 MMscf/d).

Samsung Engineering received the Letter of Award for the project in September. The lumpsum turnkey contract, which covers engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning, is expected to be completed in June 2016.

“It was the trust built upon the positive project outcomes and affluent experience in gas plant industry that led to the awarding of the contract. We will enhance the partnership with the client by successfully completing the project, and strengthen our position in the Southeast Asian market,” Samsung Engineering’s CEO Park Choong-Heum said in a company release.

PCSB, a subsidiary of Malaysia’s state-owned entity Petronas Nasional Berhad, holds 75 percent interest in the project, with the remaining 25 percent held by Hess Corp.'s unit Hess Exploration and Production Malaysia.



Have a news tip? Share it with Rigzone!
Email news@rigzone.com

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE

More from this Author
Rigzone Staff
e-mail us at news@rigzone.com
 -  Zion Granted Approval to Drill Well On... (Dec 2)
 -  Production Drilling Begins at Mariner ... (Dec 2)
 -  Subsea 7 Secures Services Contract wit... (Dec 2)
 -  Eni: Oil Worker Dies Following Congo P... (Dec 2)
 -  FAR Refutes Claims that it cannot Farm... (Dec 1)


Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
US Fort Lupton, CO: Tool Maintenance Technician I - III
Expertise: Mechanical Technician
Location: Fort Lupton, CO
 
Asset Integrity Manager
Expertise: Asset Management|Project Management|QA / QC / Inspection
Location: Pasadena
 
MOTIVA - Control Systems Engineer - Port Arthur, TX
Expertise: Chemical Engineering|Mechanical Engineering
Location: Port Arthur Ref, United States, TX
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $54.46/BBL 0.96%
Light Crude Oil : $51.68/BBL 1.21%
Natural Gas : $3.44/MMBtu 1.99%
Updated in last 24 hours