Exec: GAIL India in Talks to Buy Stake in Tanzania Assets of Ophir
NEW DELHI, Dec 3 (Reuters) - State-run gas utility GAIL India Ltd is in talks to buy a stake in the Tanzanian assets of British oil explorer Ophir Energy Plc, the Indian company's marketing head said.
Ophir had offered to sell a 40 percent stake in the Tanzania gas field, half of which has already been sold, said Prabhat Singh.
"There are various options. We are negotiating with them," Singh told reporters, without elaborating how much stake GAIL plans to buy.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- India Seeks to Rework More LNG Contracts Amid Surplus, GAIL Says (Oct 04)
- LNG Price Row Between India, US Crimps Trump's Export Aims (Jun 30)
- India to Use Market Pricing for Part of Future Gas Finds in Complex Fields (Aug 11)
Company: Ophir Energy more info
- Ophir Energy Cuts Cost; Eliminates Staff (Jul 12)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Ophir to Borrow $1.2B from Chinese Banks for Fortuna Floating LNG (May 08)