Australia's gas and ancillary power generation development company NuEnergy Gas Limited updated Wednesday on the drilling progress for its second Pilot production well at the Muara Enim Production Sharing Contract (PSC) area in South Sumatra, Indonesia.
- Pilot Well # 2 has been successfully drilled to the Target Total Depth of 2,631 feet (802 meters)
- Coals have now been logged and a total of 150 feet (46 meters) of net coal seams have been identified
- Logs of the Suban J seam confirmed over 42 feet (13 meters) of continuous coal
- The well is being prepared for 7 inch casing and completions for the section from feet 2,004 to 2,631 feet (611 to 802 meters)
- The coal seams of Pilot Well # 2 will now be completed using three completion techniques:
- Radial jetting of the upper Magnus coal seams extending lateral completions of between 98 to 164 feet (30 and 50 meters)
- "Fishbone" completions generating eight 41 foot (12.5 meter) perforations supported by titanium alloy spurs; and
- Slotted liner casing,
to maximize the water and gas productivity of all coal seams
- The pilot production site is currently being prepared for connection of the two pilot wells ahead of pre plan of development approval which will enable early gas sales
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.