Senex Updates on Drilling at Burruna-3 Well in PEL 115 in Cooper Basin
Senex Energy Limited announced Wednesday that the Burruna-3 oil well successfully appraised the Namur Formation intersected by the Burruna-2 discovery in South Australia's southern Cooper Basin. Further, the well also encountered an additional oil accumulation in the previously untapped lower Birkenhead Formation.
Drilling of the Burruna-3 appraisal well in PEL 115 (Senex 80 percent, Orca Energy 20 percent) commenced Nov. 9 and reached a total depth of 5,459 feet (1,664 meters).
The well has confirmed the structural mapping of the Burruna oil field and intersected the Namur Formation that delivered flow rates of up to 3,600 barrels of oil per day at the Burruna-2 well.
In addition, the well encountered approximately 9.84 feet (3 meters) of interpreted net pay in the lower Birkenhead Formation. Wireline logging is currently underway to confirm this discovery.
In addition, good quality oil and gas shows were encountered in the Murta Formation which is productive in the adjacent Fury and Mirage fields.
Burruna-3 is located 1,837 feet (560 meters) southeast of the Burruna-2 oil discovery.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Senex Wins Australia Gas Field, Aims To Start Producing In 2019 (Sep 05)
- Senex Welcomes South Australian Govt's $18.4M Pledge to Develop Gas Supply (Sep 09)
- Australia's PEL 444 Partners Swap Seismic Data with Senex, Bridgeport (Jun 02)
Company: Orca Energy Limited more info
- Orca Energy Sale of its South Australian Cooper Basin Assets to Senex (May 19)
- Orca Energy to Sell Cooper Basin Assets in South Australia to Senex Energy (Mar 13)
- Cooper Energy Reports Poor Oil Shows at Akela-1 Well in Cooper Basin (Nov 12)