Cape Inks $75M Deal with Bechtel for Work on the Wheatstone Project
Cape plc, a British-based essential industrial services, announced Friday that its wholly owned subsidiary Cape Australia Onshore has entered into an agreement with Bechtel Corporation, one of the world’s most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies, for the supply of Scaffold Erection and Dismantling Services on the Chevron-operated Wheatstone Project in Western Australia.
The contract, valued at over $75 million (AUD 80 million) expects to create 135 new Australian jobs, all located onsite at Ashburton North, 7.4 miles (12 kilometers) west of Onslow in Western Australia. Jobs include approximately 95 skilled scaffold erectors supported by 40 supervision, safety, administration and management roles.
Joe Oatley, Chief Executive of Cape, said: "We are delighted to announce the award of this contract which will create new local employment opportunities and recognizes the management and expertise of our recently reshaped Australian business. Building on Cape’s considerable world-class LNG (liquefied natural gas) construction expertise, this contract will provide a solid base of project activity for our Australian business.”
“We look forward to working closely with our client, and supporting them in delivering safe, efficient and productive construction activities on one of Australia’s largest resource construction projects.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Bechtel Corporation more info
- Bechtel to Complete Building the Last 2 LNG Trains on Curtis Island in 2016 (Jan 12)
- Wood Group Wins Bechtel Contract to Supply Tengiz Project in Kazakhstan (Oct 07)
- EnQuest Appoints New Non-Executive Director (Jun 25)
Company: Cape PLC more info
- Cape Secures Contract from SHI for Shell's Prelude FLNG Facility (Feb 23)
- Cape, OLIO Forms JV to Tap Business Opportunities in Malaysia (Jan 08)
- Cape-UGL JV Bags Services Contract from Woodside in Western Australia (Nov 02)