TTHE Bags Deal to Build Wellhead Platform for Bertam Oil Field in PM307

TH Heavy Engineering Berhad (THHE), an offshore oil and gas facilities fabricator, reported that its wholly owned subsidiary, THHE Fabricators Sdn. Bhd. (TFSB) has received a Letter of Award from Lundin Petroleum's unit Lundin Malaysia B.V. (Lundin) Nov. 4 to fabricate a wellhead platform for the PM307 Bertam field development project off Pahang, Malaysia.

Under the contract, TFSB will fabricate the wellhead platform for the Bertam project, which is located about 108 miles (175 kilometers) off the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia. The wellhead platform is scheduled for completion in about 12 months.

"The contract is expected to contribute positively to the earnings and net assets per share of THHE for the financial year ending Dec. 31, 2013 and 2014 respectively," TTHE said in an announcement on local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia.

First production from the Bertam oil field, which will be developed using a 20 slot wellhead platform adjacent to a spread moored floating, production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel in water depths of 249 feet (76 meters), is targeted for 2015.

Lundin received approval from Malaysian national oil company Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas) to develop the Bertam field in October, with the cost of development, excluding any FPSO related costs, estimated at approximately $400 million.

Lundin is operator of PM307, with 75 percent stake in the block, while Petronas' upstream unit Petronas Carigali holds the remaining 25 percent.



Have a news tip? Share it with Rigzone!
Email news@rigzone.com

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE

More from this Author
Rigzone Staff
e-mail us at news@rigzone.com
 -  How to Become a Safety Engineer (Sep 18)
 -  How to Become a Geologist (Sep 15)
 -  Oil, Gas Industry Leadership Group to ... (Sep 14)
 -  CB&I Wins China PDH Unit Contract (Sep 11)
 -  What Kind of Salary Potential Do Geote... (Sep 8)


Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Civil Construction Supervisor
Expertise: Budget / Cost Control|Civil Construction|Construction Manager
Location: North Dakota, United States, ND
 
Lab Technician
Expertise: Production Engineering
Location: California, 
 
Apprentice System Relay Specialist Job
Expertise: Electrical Technician
Location: Township of Maple Grove, MN
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $55.48/BBL 0.25%
Light Crude Oil : $49.91/BBL 0.04%
Natural Gas : $3.15/MMBtu 4.30%
Updated in last 24 hours