COSL's NH9 Semisub to Drill for CNOOC in South China Sea Soon
China Oilfield Services Limited (COSL or the Group) reported Tuesday that NH9, an aftermarket semisubmersible drilling rig the Group purchased earlier, has recently commenced operation after 53 days of restorative maintenance.
NH9 is able to operate at water depths of 5,300 feet and perform drilling up to a maximum depth of 25,000 feet, with a variable load of 3,798 tons. It is capable of performing drilling, well completion and well workover operations. The rig will be towed to South China Sea upon delivery to provide drilling services for CNOOC Limited.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)
Company: CNOOC more info
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- China's CNOOC Begins Oil Partner Hunt in Mexico Deep Waters (Sep 15)