BP Appoints New Head of Exploration
BP announced Friday that it has appointed a former senior executive in its TNK-BP operation in Russia as its new head of exploration. Richard Herbert succeeds Mike Daly, who has chosen to retire from BP at the end of this year after 28 years with the company.
Hebert rejoins BP from Talisman Energy, where he held the position of executive vice president for exploration from 2009. Before joining Talisman Herbert spent six years at TNK-BP in Russia, where he served first as vice president of exploration and the executive vice president for technology.
BP Group Chief Executive Bob Dudley commented in a company statement:
"I am pleased to welcome Richard back to BP. He brings a wealth of exploration and leadership experience and expertise, gained across the world, which is aligned well with BP's upstream and exploration strategy."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)