Monadelphous Bags $141M Maintenance Contract for Gorgon Project
Australia-based engineering group Monadelphous Group Limited (Monadelphous) announced Tuesday that it has secured maintenance and infrastructure construction contracts with a combined value of approximately $236 million (AUD 250 million). The contracts are with customers in the oil and gas sector in Western Australia (WA) and the water sector in Queensland.
The maintenance contract extension:
- a one-year extension has been awarded for the facilities management services contract associated with the Chevron-operated Gorgon Project. The contract extension, valued at approximately $141 million (AUD 150 million), is to continue the operation and maintenance of construction facilities and utilities on Barrow Island, WA. This is the second 1-year extension to the original 3-year contract, which was awarded in November 2009. More than 200 people will continue to be employed under the contract
The new infrastructure construction work comprises:
- a contract with DBP Development Group (DDG) for the construction of the Wheatstone Ashburton West Pipeline near Onslow, WA, to link the Chevron Australia-operated Wheatstone Project domestic gas plant with the Dampier to Bunbury Natural Gas Pipeline (DBNGP). The contract will be delivered by Monadelphous KT Pty Ltd, with work commencing immediately and expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2014
- a contract for the design and construction of the East Nogoa Water Treatment Plant for the Central Highlands Regional Council in Emerald, Central Queensland. Work is scheduled to be completed in the second quarter of 2015
“We’re pleased to extend our relationship with Chevron Australia on Barrow Island, where we’ve been involved since 2001,” Monadelphous Managing Director Rob Velletri said.
“The new infrastructure construction contracts in oil and gas and water support the continuing strategic development of our business.
“We look forward to working closely with DDG on the construction of this important gas pipeline in WA and delivering the water treatment facility at Emerald for our new customer, the Central Highlands Regional Council.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Monadelphous Lands Contract from JKC Australia LNG for Ichthys Project (Jul 20)
- Monadelphous Clinches $144M Contract for Shell's Prelude FLNG Project (Nov 24)
- Woodside Extends Contracts With Monadelphous for Western Australia Projects (Nov 03)