PTTEP's Newbuild ZPQ Platform to Head for Zawtika Field off Myanmar
Thailand's PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited (PTTEP) held a sail away ceremony for Zawtika Processing and Living Quarters Platform (ZPQ) Oct. 5 at Sembcorp Marine's subsidiary SMOE shipyard in Singapore.
The ZPQ will next head for the Zawtika field, which is located in Block M9 and a small north east part of Block M11, in the Gulf of Martaban, Myanmar, where field development work is progressing. First production from the Zawtika project is targeted for end 2013 at around 345 million standard cubic feet per day (MMscf/d), with the gas to be supplied to Myanmar and Thailand.
The sail away ceremony was jointly presided over by Myanmar Minister of Energy U Zay Yar Aung, Thailand's Ambassador to Singapore Marut Jitpatima and PTTEP Chairman Dr. Norkun Sitthiphong.
“ZPQ is amongst the largest in South East Asia, which is considerably the first large scale offshore gas field discovery and development that PTTEP operates overseas,” Tevin Vongvanich, president and CEO of PTTEP said in a company release.
ZPQ, an integrated platform weighing 16,500 metric tons, combines both natural gas processing facilities and living quarters into a single platform.
SMOE was awarded the contract, valued at $490.71 million (SGD 600 million), by PTTEP in July 2011 to build the platform.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- SMOE Delivers Ivar Aasen Field's Platform Deck to Det norske (May 24)
- SMOE Bags $1B EPC Contract from Maersk Oil for Culzean Project in North Sea (Sep 01)
- SMOE Bags $190M Contract from Bechtel to Fabricate LNG Process Modules (Sep 24)
Company: PTT Exploration & Production Company Plc (PTTEP) more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Thailand's PTTEP Delays Canadian Oil Sands Project At Cost Of $550MM (Oct 19)
- Thai PTTEP to Invest At Least $1.7B in 2017 to Maintain Output (Oct 03)
- PTTEPI, PC JDA Sign Add-on Deal to PSC for Block 17-01 in Gulf of Thailand (Sep 01)