Lundin, Rosneft Sign Heads of Agreement for Lagansky Block

LLC Petroresurs is the 100 percent owner of the Lagansky block licence located in the Russian part of the Caspian Sea. The Lagansky block licence contains the Morskoye discovery with best estimate gross contingent resources of 157 MMboe. 
 Lundin Petroleum currently has a 70 percent shareholding in LLC Petroresurs, with Gunvor holding the remaining 30 percent.
The consideration is related to historical costs spent on the Lagansky block licence by Lundin Petroleum and Gunvor, and will be made in deferred payments.  After the transaction is completed, Lundin Petroleum will have an indirect 34.3 percent interest in the Lagansky block licence through its shareholding in LLC Petroresurs.

As part of the agreement, Rosneft and Lundin Petroleum have agreed to investigate possible cooperation in the Norwegian and Russian offshore sectors.

Ashley Heppenstall, President and CEO of Lundin Petroleum comments: "This transaction will allow the partners to realise the full potential of this exciting opportunity and to move forward with appraisal and development."

 

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Global Business Development Manager
Expertise: Business Development
Location: Houston, TX
 
United States Canonsburg: Proposals Specialist
Expertise: Business Development|Marketing|Sales
Location: Canonsburg, PA
 
Senior Land Professional Job
Expertise: Landman|Lease Analyst
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $51.46/BBL 4.63%
Light Crude Oil : $48.9/BBL 4.78%
Natural Gas : $3.18/MMBtu 0.90%
Updated in last 24 hours