Floatel Wins Deal to Supply Accommodation Vessel for Ichthys LNG Project
Floatel International Ltd, a Bermuda-incorporated company, announced Thursday that it has won a contract to provide an accommodation and construction support vessel for the Inpex-operated Ichthys liquefied natural gas (LNG) Project in the Browse Basin, off Western Australia.
"Floatel International’s latest new building, Floatel Triumph is nominated for the work. Floatel Triumph is due for delivery in December 2015," Floatel said in a press release.
The vessel will be constructed by Keppel FELS Limited under a $280 million contract that Floatel awarded to the Singapore shipbuilder in August. Floatel Triumph will be built to Keppel's proprietary SSAUTM5000NG design, with a capacity to accommodate up to 500 persons in one- and two-man cabins.
The vessel will be equipped with Dynamic Positioning (DP) 3 capability and enhanced station-keeping, enabling it to operate securely alongside fixed platforms, floating platforms and Floating Production Storage and Offloading vessels, with a full complement of deck cranes, large open deck area, workshops and fire fighting capabilities.
The Ichthys field, located approximately 137 miles (220 kilometers) off the north-west coast of Western Australia on the western edge of the Timor Sea, lies in water depth of around 820 feet (250 meters).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- Australia's $180B LNG Megaproject Boom Enters Final Stretch (Aug 14)
- Inpex Says Floating Unit For Australia LNG Project To Set Sail Soon (Jul 10)
Company: Floatel International more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Floatel Believes Firm is Well-Positioned to Tap Business Opportunities (Mar 15)
- Keppel FELS Holds Naming Ceremony for Floatel Triumph at its Singapore Yard (Mar 11)