Inpex Buys Stakes in Zapadno-Yaraktinsky, Bolshetirsky Blocks in Irkutsk
Inpex Corporation (Inpex) announced Tuesday that Inpex and Itochu Corporation (Itochu) participated in the bid held by Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (Jogmec) for the sale of part of its share (340 shares, 100 percent) in its wholly-owned subsidiary, Japan South Sakha Oil Co., Ltd. (Jassoc). Jassoc has been conducting exploration works in the Zapadno-Yaraktinsky block (ZY block) and the Bolshetirsky block (BT block) in Irkutsk Oblast, Russian Federation. Consequently Inpex and Itochu were successful to own 42 shares (12.4 percent) and 43 shares (12.6 percent), respectively, of Jassoc shares.
ZY block and BT block are onshore blocks located approximately 434.96 miles (700 kilometers) north of Irkutsk city and cover the area of 1,866.8 square miles (4,835 square kilometers) and 1,276.84 square miles (3,307 square kilometers), respectively. Jassoc has been conducting exploration works in these blocks through Ink-Zapad (a 49-51 percent joint venture between Jassoc and Irkutsk), and discovered oil and natural gas at exploratory wells. Inpex, Jogmec and Itochu will further conduct exploration works for possible development.
As addressed in the “Medium-to Long-Term Vision of Inpex,” Inpex has been enhancing E&P (exploration and production) activities globally and acquiring ZY block and BT block will enable Inpex to have an opportunity to expand its activities in Russia, where large-scale reserves of oil and gas are expected.
1. Project Overview
- Jassoc: Jogmec (75 percent), Inpex (12.4 percent) and Itochu (12.6 percent)
- Ink-Zapad: Jassoc (49 percent) and Ink (51 percent)
- Ink-Zapad holds 100 percent participating interest in ZT block and BT block
2. About Irkutsk Oil Company
- Company: Irkutsk Oil Company, LLC
- Headquarter: Irkutsk Oblast, Russian Federation
- Chairman: Nikolay Buynov
- History: Irkutsk Oil Company was established in November 2000, and it is now one of the largest independent oil and condensate producers in Russia by reserves with current approximate production of 60,000 barrels (7,800 ton) of oil equivalent per day
- Employee: approximately 2,500
- Business: Irkutsk Oil Company focused on exploration and production of crude oil, condensate and natural gas in the Irkutsk region, Eastern Siberia, Russia
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- Australia's $180B LNG Megaproject Boom Enters Final Stretch (Aug 14)
- Inpex Says Floating Unit For Australia LNG Project To Set Sail Soon (Jul 10)
Company: Itochu more info
- Gas Glut Upends Global Trade Flows As Buyers Find New Leverage (Aug 16)
- CITIC Resources, ITOCHU Sign MOU to Collaborate on E&P Projects (Jun 22)
- North West Shelf LNG Tender Goes to BG, Itochu and Statoil (Jun 19)