Technip Wins Flexible Pipe Contract from Statoil
French oilfield services firm Technip reported Tuesday that it has won a contract with Statoil to make and supply flexible risers for several fields on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. Technip said the contract also includes options for further risers and flowlines.
The flexible pipes will be used to renew the flexible pipe infrastructure on Statoil-operated fields.
Technip said its operating center in Oslo, Norway will execute the contract, which is scheduled to be completed between 2014 and 2016. Flexi France, Technip's facility in Le Trait, France, will manufacture the flexible risers.
Odd Strømsnes, Technip's managing director for Norway, commented in a company statement:
"With this contract, Statoil has renewed its trust in Technip to deliver high-quality flexible products using the latest developments in high-technology materials."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)