Eni Teams up with SNPC to Explore Cuvette Basin
Italy's Eni announced Thursday that it is teaming up with Congolese state company Société Nationale des Pétroles du Congo (SNPC) to jointly search for hydrocarbons in the Ngolo block, which is part of the little-explored Cuvette Basin.
Located some 220 miles northeast of Congelese capital Brazzaville, the block covers an area of approximately 6,000 square miles.
Eni Congo will participate as operator in the joint venture with SNPC for the exploration of the block. The Republic of Congo's Ministry of Hydrocarbons assigned the Ngolo exploration license to SNPC in mid-July.
Exploration activities will take place over a period of 10 years and they will target the Mesozoic and Paleozoic sedimentary geological sequences.
Eni said that the exploration activities on Ngolo, due to begin during the next few months, will be carried out using the most sophisticated prospecting techniques including "remote sensing" and geophysical surveys.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)
Company: Societe Nationale des Petroles du Congo (SNPC) more info
- Congo Republic State Oil Firm Seeks To Revive Oilfields (Apr 11)
- Eni Teams up with SNPC to Explore Cuvette Basin (Sep 19)
- Murphy Strikes Black Gold at Turquoise Marine-1 Offshore Congo (Jul 17)