RH Petrogas Completes FTG Survey for Block SK 331 in Sarawak
Singapore-listed RH Petrogas Limited (RHP), a company engaged in exploration, development and production of oil and gas resources, announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, RHP (Mukah) Pte Ltd, has completed the acquisition of 7,713.8 miles (12,414.2 kilometers) of Full Tensor Gradiometry (FTG) survey Aug. 9. Acquired from a light aircraft flown at low altitudes, the FTG survey measures the small variation of gravity of the Earth which is caused by change of subsurface rocks. FTG surveys have much higher resolution than conventional gravity survey and can aid significantly in identifying prospective hydrocarbon basins. The successes of recent large oil finds in East Africa have been attributed to this survey method. The FTG data acquired in Block SK331, onshore Sarawak, Malaysia is being processed and interpreted to target areas for 2D seismic acquisition in the block.
RHP (Mukah) Pte Ltd is the operator of Block SK331 and holds an 80 percent working interest. Its partner, Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of Malaysian national oil company, Petroliam Nasional Berhad, owns the remaining 20 percent.
“We are pleased with the progress of our exploration activities made in our first operated block in Malaysia. This FTG data, together with other data which we have, will enable us to incrementally target our exploration efforts within this huge acreage. We plan to continue expeditiously with our planned exploration program for the block.” Francis Chang, RHP's vice president, Exploration & Production said.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: RH Petrogas Limited more info
- RH Petrogas Expects Fuyu 1 Block Development Plan Approval in 1H 2014 (Mar 03)
- Bohai VIII to Begin Work Soon at Koi-2 Well in Salawati Kepala Burung PSC (Nov 18)
- RH Petrogras Expects Approval to Develop Fuyu 1 Block Project by Year End (Nov 11)