Kawasaki Heavy Industries to Build Hull for Sete Brasil's Drillship
Japan's Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. announced Monday that it will build hull parts of a drillship for Estaleiro Enseada Do Paraguacu S.A. (EEP), Bahia State, Brazil, of which Kawasaki holds 30 percent of the shares. The vessel is the first of six ordered by Sete Brasil (Brazilian investment company in the oil & gas industry), which will be chartered by Petrobras (Brazil's state-owned oil company). After the drillship’s hull parts are completed at Kawasaki’s Sakaide Shipyard, they will be transported to EEP for installation of other segments, such as the topside equipment, and will be delivered to the owner. This strategy was also agreed by the drillship owner.
Kawasaki has agreed to work on the hull of this first drillship as part of a technical cooperation with EEP. The completion of the parts undertaken by Kawasaki is expected for the 1st quarter of 2015.
It is important to emphasize that the Brazilian minimum content of all the ordered vessels will remain as determined in the contract with Sete Brasil, as well as other contractual conditions.
Kawasaki plans on building offshore vessels to meet global demands on offshore projects.
The vessel’s main specifications are outlined below.
- Length: 689 feet (210 meters)
- Molded breadth: 111.5 feet (34 meters)
- Molded depth: 57.4 feet (17.5 meters)
- Speed: 11 knots
- Max. water depth: 9,842.5 feet (3,000 meters)
- Max. drilling depth: 32,808 feet (10,000 meters)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- CEO: Brazil's Petrobras Could Bid On More Blocks In Pre-Salt Auction (Oct 24)
Company: Kawasaki Heavy Industries (KHI) more info
- Looking Beyond Backyard Doesn't Pay for Singapore Rig Builders (Jan 18)
- Singapore Shipbuilders Alleged to Be Part of Brazil Bribe Scheme (Jun 23)
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries to Build Hull for Sete Brasil's Drillship (Sep 10)