Statoil, FMC Shake Hands on Gullfaks Subsea Project

Statoil ASA has issued an order to FMC Technologies, Inc. for subsea equipment for the Gullfaks Rimfaksdalen gas development in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea. The contract award is slated at $90 million.

The scope of supply includes subsea trees, wellheads, a manifold, control systems integration and additional equipment.

“FMC Technologies is pleased to provide Statoil with the subsea equipment needed to develop the Gullfaks Rimfaksdalen project,” commented Tore Halvorsen, FMC Technologies’ senior vice president, subsea technologies, in a press release. “This is an additional call-off related to last year’s award for the Gullfaks field and we are pleased to continue supporting this development.

The Gullfaks Rimfaksdalen development consists of the Rutil and Opal subsea tie-back gas fields to Gullfaks.

Last year, Statoil awarded the company a manufacture and subsea production equipment package, totaling $200 million, for the Gullfaks South field development. The company’s scope of supply included seven subsea production trees, seven wellhead systems, two integrated production structures with manifolds, and additional controls and equipment. Delivery of the equipment began in 2Q 2013.

The Greater Gullfaks area consists of numerous fields, spanning Blocks 34/7, 34/8, 34/10 and 33/12. Statoil is the operator of the majority of the Greater Gullfaks area with a 70 percent share, partnering with Petoro, which holds the remaining 30 percent.


Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Gas Storage Reservoir Engineer
Expertise: Petroleum Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
United States Odessa: Sr Field Engineer - Directional Drilling
Expertise: Directional Driller|Drilling Engineering
Location: Odessa, TX
Project Manager, Oil and Gas
Expertise: Petroleum Engineering|Project Management
Location: West Chicago, IL
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $51.78/BBL 0.77%
Light Crude Oil : $50.85/BBL 0.83%
Natural Gas : $2.99/MMBtu 4.77%
Updated in last 24 hours