Environmental Clearance Expected Soon for Cinco-1 Well Drilling
Otto Energy Limited reported that the Palawan Council for Sustainable Development (PCSD) has approved the issuance of the Strategic Environmental Plan Clearance (SEP Clearance) in relation to drilling of the Cinco-1 exploration well in Service Contract 55 (SC55) in the southwest of the Palawan Basin, off the Philippines.
Formal written endorsement is being finalized between the PCSD, the Operator, BHP Billiton Petroleum (Philippines) Corporation (BHPB) and the Philippines Department of Energy (DOE).
The SC55 joint venture will seek confirmation from the DOE of the revised work program timing following the suspension due to Force Majeure.
Otto CEO Gregor McNab said: “This is a positive step in closing the final regulatory approvals required to progress drilling of the Cinco-1 exploration well. We look forward to finalizing these approvals and the commencement of drilling activities."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Otto Energy more info
- Philippines DOE Grants Moratorium on Palawan Basin's SC55 Work Program (Jun 17)
- Otto Launches Legal Action Against Swala Over Tanzania's Pangani License (May 13)
- Otto Energy Updates on Drilling at SM-71 #1 Discovery in the Gulf of Mexico (Apr 27)