SapuraKencana, Petrofac Join Shortlist to Bid for Newfield's Asia Assets
Malaysia-based SapuraKencana Petroleum Bhd and Petrofac Limited are among companies selected for second round bidding for Newfield Exploration Co.'s oil and gas assets in Malaysia and China, according to Malaysian daily The Star.
"What has been reported in the local media is not incorrect," a source close to SapuraKencana Petroleum told Rigzone.
Another locally-based company Hibiscus Petroleum Bhd has indicated earlier that it has been shortlisted from among 60 firms to participate in the second round of bidding for Newfield's upstream assets.
The United States oil firm's advisor Goldman Sachs & Co. had also shortlisted Exxon Mobil Corp., Royal Dutch Shell plc., Talisman Energy Inc. and Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company to submit second round bids, which will close by September 26.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
- $2 Billion Gulfport Buy Shows Drillers Thirsting for Next Play (Dec 15)
- Newfield CEO Sees Cautious Approach on Big Oklahoma Oil Find (Oct 17)
Company: Petrofac more info
- Petrofac Extends North Sea Contract with Chevron (Oct 05)
- Petrofac JV Awarded $2B Refinery Contract In Oman (Aug 04)
- Petrofac Makes 29% Headcount Reduction, Revenue Hits $7.8B (Feb 22)
Company: SapuraKencana Petroleum Bhd more info
- SapuraKencana: Short-Term Industry Outlook Uncertain (Dec 08)
- Malaysia's SapuraKencana Posts 7.1% Gain in 2Q FY17 PAT to $27M (Sep 29)
- SKTLO Bags $65.3M Contracts for Work Offshore Malaysia, Vietnam (Sep 01)