KrisEnergy, Mubadala Petroleum to Develop Offshore Nong Yao Oil Field

Singapore-listed KrisEnergy Ltd. and its joint venture partner Mubadala Petroleum have agreed on a final investment decision to develop the Nong Yao oil field in the G11/48 contract area in the Gulf of Thailand.

The development concept for the initial phase of the Nong Yao field will comprise 23 wells, a wellhead processing platform and a minimum facility wellhead platform with the export of crude oil via a floating storage and offloading vessel.

First oil from the offshore Nong Yao field is expected in the first half 2015 and the production capacity is expected to reach up to 15,000 barrels of oil per day and 30,000 barrels of fluids per day.

“We are extremely pleased that the joint-venture partners have reached this stage. The development of Nong Yao marks another milestone in KrisEnergy’s growth and we are delighted to be developing a project in the Gulf of Thailand where we have enjoyed success previously,” Chris Gibson-Robinson, KrisEnergy’s director Exploration & Production, said in a press release.

Mubadala Petroleum is operator of Block G11/48 with a 75 percent stake, while partner KrisEnergy, which acquired an interest in the concession in 2009, holds the remaining 25 percent working interest.

Block G11/48 covers 4,220 miles (6,791 square kilometers) over the southern margin of the Pattani Basin and the northwest margin of the Malay Basin in water depths of up to 246 feet (75 meters).



Have a news tip? Share it with Rigzone!
Email news@rigzone.com

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE

More from this Author
Rigzone Staff
e-mail us at news@rigzone.com
 -  PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Ma... (Jul 22)
 -  LTHE-ECS JV Bags $1.6B EPCI Deal from ... (Jul 22)
 -  NauticAWT, ENRA Sets Up JV to Tap Busi... (Jul 22)
 -  Australia's Santos Post 2Q 2016 Sales ... (Jul 22)
 -  Total Signs Agreement to Supply LNG to... (Jul 22)


Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Petroleum Reservoir Engineer
Expertise: Petroleum Engineering|Reservoir Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
 
Production Engineering Technician
Expertise: Engineering Technician|Helicopter Pilot / Operations|Laboratory Ops / Tech|Legal|Production Engineering|ROV Ops / Tech
Location: Midland, TX
 
US Houston Advising Sales Engineer
Expertise: Petroleum Engineering|Reservoir Engineering|Sales
Location: Houston, TX
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $46.2/BBL 2.05%
Light Crude Oil : $44.75/BBL 0.42%
Natural Gas : $2.69/MMBtu 1.50%
Updated in last 24 hours