Blake International Secures Deepwater Drilling Gig
Blake International Rigs, LLC and Anadarko Petroleum Corporation have entered into a contract to mobilize the Blake Rig 1007 onto the Constitution Spar at Green Canyon 680 A. The contract term is three wells, to commence following the Drilling Unit’s current contract term.
The Blake Rig 1007 recently completed a project for Anadarko on the Marco Polo TLP, and is currently working for Apache Corporation, on the Ewing Banks 826A platform to fulfill a two well contract.
The remainder of the Apache contract, followed by the Anadarko project, is expected to keep the rig busy through July 2014.
“We are very excited about working with Anadarko again, and continuing to build upon our existing relationship. This contract will mark the third project that Anadarko has awarded Blake International since we entered into the Deepwater market in 2011. This contract also strengthens our goal to be the preferred platform rig contractor in the Gulf of Mexico," said Beau Blake, president and CEO of Blake International.
Blake International Rigs owns and operates a fleet of 10 Platform Rigs in the US and Mexico.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Blake International more info
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Blake International Bags Pemex Rollover Gig (Dec 17)
- Blake International Secures Deepwater Drilling Gig (Aug 19)
- Blake International Receives Extension for Pemex Gig (Jun 17)