Ranhill Delays Listing on Bursa Malaysia

Ranhill Energy and Resources Bhd announced a delay to the company's listing on the local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia after an affiliate's license was suspended by Malaysia's national oil and gas company Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas) following a review of a construction project.

Petronas announced an indefinite suspension of the license held by Perunding Ranhill Worley Sdn Bhd (PRW) in a letter July 17. Without the license, PRW cannot bid for any projects from Petronas - which forms a significant portion of Ranhill's oil and gas business revenue in Malaysia.

"The suspension follows Petronas' review in relation to the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning (EPCC) of Topside Construction Work for the LNG (liqufied natural gas) Regasification Facilities Project in Melaka (Regas Project). The suspension does not affect any ongoing projects that are being undertaken by Ranhill or its subsidiaries," Ranhill said in a company announcement.

Ranhill CEO Hamdan Mohamad owns 90 percent of PRW and Kamarulzaman Omar holds the remaining 10 percent. PRW has an exclusive agreement to appoint Ranhill WorleyParsons Sdn Bhd (RWorley) - which is 51 percent-owned by Ranhill and 49 percent owned by Australian oil and gas engineering company WorleyParsons Ltd. - for projects it wins in Malaysia.

Ranhill, as the holding company of RWorley, which worked on the Regas Project, has submitted an appeal to Petronas July 18 against the suspension and is now awaiting its formal response.

Ranhill was originally scheduled to list on the local stock exchange July 31 following the company's recent initial public offering (IPO) to raise $236 million (MYR 753 million) on Bursa Malaysia.


Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies

Our Privacy Pledge

More from this Author
Chee Yew Cheang
APAC Editor | Rigzone
 -  Malaysia's InvestKL Woos Top Oil, Gas ... (Oct 6)
 -  Petrobangla Invites EOIs for 3 Offshor... (Sep 30)
 -  Malaysia's SapuraKencana Posts 7.1% Ga... (Sep 29)
 -  TH Heavy Engineering, McDermott End Pa... (Sep 26)
 -  Singapore's NUS Slowly Builds its Petr... (Sep 26)

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Petroleum Inspection Manager
Expertise: Field Service Tech|Marine Surveying|Surveying
Location: New Orleans, LA
Operator 1 - TCP
Expertise: Perforation
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Fluids Plant Operator
Expertise: Maintenance Technician|Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids|Refinery / Plant Operator
Location: Monahans, TX
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $56.86/BBL 0.76%
Light Crude Oil : $50.66/BBL 0.21%
Natural Gas : $2.959/MMBtu 0.30%
Updated in last 24 hours