IGSS Wins Yamal Seismic Contract
Russia's IG Seismic Services (IGSS) reported Monday that it has signed a deal to conduct seismic exploration over fellow Russian firm Novatek's North Russkoye license area in the Yamal region of northern Russia.
The contract will see IGSS use Schlumberger's UniQ high-density seismic data acquisition technology, which combines geophysical equipment and software to deliver high resolution data. IGSS has the exclusive rights to provide UniQ technology in the Russian Federation and Commonwealth of Independent States.
The reason the UniQ technology is being employed is because parts of the North Russkoye site have permafrost layers made up of a complicated geological structure that can distort a multi-wave seismic field. At the same time, the target body has a thin layer section that requires especially high quality seismic data to ensure a correct geological hydrodynamic model can be built.
The seismic work is expected to start during the 2013/2014 winter season and will last for at least two months.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- RIA: Moscow, Riyadh Agree To Explore Aramco Taking Part In Novatek Project (Nov 13)
- Russia's Novatek Says Yamal LNG Seen Expanding By 1 Million Tonnes (Oct 17)
- Russia's Novatek Recommends 1H Dividend Of 6.95 rbls Per Share (Aug 25)
Company: IG Seismic Services plc more info
- IGSS Wins Yamal Seismic Contract (Jul 22)
- IGSS Inks Deal With Cairn India for Seismic Work (Jul 19)