MODEC Proceeds with Work on Stampede TLP
Japan-based MODEC International Inc. announced Wednesday that it has executed a pre-sanction contract with Hess Corporation on May 3 to provide Engineering and Management Services for the Stampede tension leg platform (TLP) in the Gulf of Mexico, United States. These services include project management, engineering, procurement management, and construction management for the hull and mooring systems of a conventional TLP with continuing services contingent upon sanction.
The Stampede TLP development is a joining of the Pony and Knotty Head discoveries and will be located approximately 170 miles southeast of New Orleans in the Green Canyon Block 468 in a water depth of 3,350 feet. The Stampede Development brings together Hess (Operator), Unocal (Chevron), BHP Billiton, Statoil and Nexen with all having 20 percent working interest.
MODEC was selected based upon the strength of our client relationship on the Oveng TLP, Okume TLP and Shenzi TLP projects. Hess is the operator of the Oveng and Okume TLPs and BHP Billiton is the operator of the Shenzi TLP.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)
Company: MODEC International more info
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)