Blackford Dolphin Rig Secured for Aragon Prospect
Anglo-Norwegian junior explorer Bridge Energy reported Thursday that it and its partners in the P1763 license in the UK zone of the northern North Sea who have entered into a rig contract securing the Blackford Dolphin (DW semisub) rig for the drilling of the Aragon prospect.
The well is expected to be drilling during the first quarter of 2014.
Bridge has a 13.5-percent interest in the license, with license operator MPX North Sea Limited holding 22.5 percent. Cairn Energy, JX Nippon Exploration and Production and Sorgenia E&P hold 30 percent, 25 percent and nine percent respectively.
Bridge Energy CEO Tom Reynolds commented in a company statement:
"We are pleased to have secured this rig slot, which will kick-start our 2014 exploration drilling program early in the year. The Aragon prospect is located near to the Beryl field and is targeting the Upper Jurassic Heather Sands. At 9mmboe net un-risked potential to Bridge, this UK exploration target provides material upside potential, whilst also demonstrating the depth of opportunities which exist within our portfolio."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- India Plans Larger Oil Auctions as Modi Pursues Import Cuts (Sep 14)
- Cairn Energy: SNE-5 Appraisal Well Hits Oil, Gas (Mar 07)
- AkerBP, Cairn Energy Make Jefferies Top Pick List (Jan 09)
Company: Bridge North Sea more info
- Asha East Well Comes up Dry (Oct 17)
- Wintershall's Amol Well Comes up Dry (Sep 25)
- Spike Targets Bridge Energy (Sep 16)
Company: MPX Energy more info
- Blackford Dolphin Rig Secured for Aragon Prospect (Jul 11)
- Transocean Rig Arrives to Complete Timon Well (Jan 25)
- Bridge Farms Down Aragon Interest to Cairn and JX Nippon (Jan 04)
Company: JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration more info
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)