Ramba Energy Commences Drilling of JRR-1 Well in Java

Printer Friendly Version
Email this Page

Singapore-listed oil and gas exploration and production company Ramba Energy Limited announced that it has commenced drilling of the JRR-1 production well in the Jatirarangon Technical Assistance Contract (TAC) in Java, Indonesia, at 1000 hours July 5.

The JRR-1 well currently has a total depth of 5,250 feet, and it will be drilled to a total depth of approximately 8,900 feet. The drilling will target the Talang Akar and Baturaja Formation. Ramba Energy had discovered oil in the Baturaja Formation in February 2011 during the JRR-3 ST Workover at the Jatirarangon gas producing field.

"The Company expects drilling operations to take approximately 15 days, with an additional 10 days for completion and testing," Ramba Energy said in a press release.

The Jatirarangon TAC - which is located in Cikarang, West Java - is a producing asset, with a peak production of 6.8 million standard cubic feet of natural gas and 105 barrels of oil and condensate per day. Ramba Energy doubled production from the block in late 2011, after drilling two additional development wells at the block.

Ramba Energy is operator of the Jatirarangon TAC, with a 70 percent working interest, while the remaining 30 percent is held by PT Wahana Sad Karya.



Chee Yew has covered the upstream and downstream sectors of the oil and gas industry for over a decade. Email Chee Yew at cheeyew.cheang@rigzone.com.

Printer Friendly Version
Email this Page

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Post a Comment Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE

More from this Author
Chee Yew Cheang
APAC Editor | Rigzone
 -  ONGC Videsh's FY 2015 Net Profit Falls... (May 26)
 -  Indonesia Plans to Offer More Oil, Gas... (May 25)
 -  Pertamina Can Opt for Up to 15% Stake ... (May 20)
 -  Australia Offers 29 Offshore Blocks fo... (May 18)
 -  Myanmar Rules Out Launch of Bidding Ro... (May 13)


Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Roustabouts/Floorhands-Temporary
Expertise: Floorhand
Location: GOM
 
Drilling Engineer
Expertise: Barge Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
 
Sr Engineering Technologist - Reservoir Engineering
Expertise: Engineering Technician|Reservoir Engineering
Location: The Woodlands, TX
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $65.56/BBL 4.76%
Light Crude Oil : $60.3/BBL 4.54%
Natural Gas : $2.64/MMBtu 2.58%
Updated in last 24 hours