Seadrill, SapuraKencana to Build Pipe Laying Support Vessels in Holland
Seadrill Limited reported that Sapura Navegação Marítima S.A., Brazil (SNM) - its jointly owned entity with SapuraKencana Petroleum Berhad - has contracted IHC Caland to build three Pipe Laying Support Vessels (PLSVs) in Holland.
Construction cost of the three newbuild vessels, which will have the same specifications as SNM's existing orders with the yard, is approximately $800 million.
SNM clinched a $2.7-billion contract from Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. (Petrobras) recently to charter and operate three PLSVs. The contract is for a period of 8 years with an extension option for an additional 8 years and is expected to commence by the second quarter of 2016. Petrobras awarded the first contract - worth $1.4 billion - to SNM in November 2011, with two of these PLSVs now under construction.
"Seadrill, along with SapuraKencana, continues to support the strategic investment in SNM. The additional vessels bring the total PLSV fleet in the region to 6 units and builds capacity in order to insure that Petrobras has best in class support for their operations. This long term agreement demonstrates SNM's strong relationship with Petrobras and their industry leading operational performance," John Fredriksen, chairman of Seadrill said in press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
Company: SapuraKencana Petroleum Bhd more info
- SapuraKencana: Short-Term Industry Outlook Uncertain (Dec 08)
- Malaysia's SapuraKencana Posts 7.1% Gain in 2Q FY17 PAT to $27M (Sep 29)
- SKTLO Bags $65.3M Contracts for Work Offshore Malaysia, Vietnam (Sep 01)