Don't display this message again [x]

Dear User,

On March 28, 2015 OilCareers and Rigzone will be coming together to provide you with access to the world’s largest resource for Oil and Gas news, jobs and industry insights.

We have recently updated our Terms & Conditions to accommodate these changes. Please read them carefully. By using the Site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions are effective as of March 30, 2015.

Finance & Investing
News Services
Newsletters
Get free industry updates via email.
Daily News
Weekly News
Equipment Updates
Weekly Job Register
Monthly Event Guide
Our privacy
pledge.


advertisement

PT EMPI Energi Indonesia Opts Out of Abadi LNG Project

change text size

Inpex Corporation announced that its affiliate Inpex Masela, Ltd. and Royal Dutch Shell plc's subsidiary Shell Upstream Overseas Services (I) Limited have completed the necessary procedures for the transfer of PT EMP Energi Indonesia(EMPI)’s participating interest in the Masela Block, Arafura Sea, Indonesia (Abadi LNG Project).

The acquisition follows EMPI’s decision to divest its 10 percent participating interest in the Abadi LNG Project.

Following the transaction, Inpex will continue to act as the operator and retain a 65 percent participating interest while Shell will hold the remaining 35 percent, Inpex said in a company release.

EMPI - a leading Indonesian upstream oil and gas company - agreed in November 2009 to take a 10 percent participating interest in the Masela Block.

The Abadi gas field - discovered in 2000 - would be developed in phases. A Floating Liquified Natural Gas plant, with an production capacity of 2.5 million tons - would be constructed for the first phase development. Inpex is now conducting Front End Engineering and Design work to ensure successful start-up of the Abadi LNG Project while pursuing future subsequent development utilizing the gas reserves.



Cheang has covered the upstream and downstream sectors of the oil and gas industry for over a decade. Email Cheang at cheeyew.cheang@rigzone.com.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Post a Comment Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies

More from this Author
Cheang Chee Yew
APAC Editor | Rigzone
 -  SapuraKencana's FY2015 Net Profit Up 3... (Mar 24)
 -  Sinopec's Operating Revenue Falls to $... (Mar 23)
 -  Shell, Statoil, Petronas Gain Explorat... (Mar 18)
 -  KUFPEC Inks Exploration Agreement for ... (Mar 16)
 -  Slow Year Ahead for Floating Productio... (Mar 13)
Most Popular Articles
From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
LNG Process Engineer
Expertise: Process Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
 
Refinery Capital Project Manager
Expertise: Project Management|Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Location: Houston, TX
 
Pumper Lease Operator - Big Lake, TX
Expertise: Gas Plant Operations|Production Operator
Location: TX
 
search for more jobs