Taiwan's CPC to Acquire Stake in Ichthys LNG Project
Inpex Corporation reported that Inpex has reached agreement for Inpex Ichthys Pty Ltd and other project group companies to transfer a 2.625 percent of the Ichthys LNG Project equity interest to CPC Corporation, Taiwan(CPC).
The Ichthys LNG Project equity interest includes the following elements:
1. Participating interest in production licenses WA-50-L (Ichthys gas-condensate field) and WA-51-L
2. Participating interest in exploration permit WA-285-P (adjacent to WA-50-L)
3. Shares of Ichthys LNG Pty Ltd (a downstream company which owns LNG facilities, liquefies natural gas and does marketing LNG and liquids)
After the completion of the transfer of the 2.625 percent of the Ichthys LNG Project equity interest to CPC, the joint venture partners for the Ichthys LNG Project will be as follows:
Inpex : 63.445 percent
Total : 30.000 percent
CPC : 2.625 percent (subject to the satisfaction of certain conditions precedent including the approval by the Australian government)
Tokyo Gas : 1.575 percent
Osaka Gas : 1.200 percent
Chubu Electric : 0.735 percent
Toho Gas : 0.420 percent
The participants in the Ichthys LNG Project appreciate the continued support from the local communities, the governments of Australian, Western Australian and the Northern Territory, as well support from other stakeholders for timely delivery of the Ichthys LNG Project.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- Australia's $180B LNG Megaproject Boom Enters Final Stretch (Aug 14)
Company: CPC Taiwan more info
- China CEFC Acquires Stake In Chad Oil Blocks From Taiwan's CPC (Sep 13)
- Taiwan's CPC to Acquire Stake in Ichthys LNG Project (Jun 28)
- CPC to Buy 30% of Myanmar Gas Block (Apr 25)